Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Saturday, September 04, 2004

HEINZE KEEN TO IMPRESS

Argentinian defender Gabriel Heinze admits the decision to play for his country at the Olympics has meant his Manchester United career has not got off to the best possible start.
The 26-year-old moved to Old Trafford from Paris St Germain in a £6.9million deal during the summer but has not yet made his United debut because he was helping his country win the gold medal in Athens.
Heinze's absence frustrated United boss Sir Alex Ferguson but the defender insists he made the right decision as his country will always come first.
"Things haven't started the way they should have done but I'm sure they'll change," he told The Sun.
"My situation isn't easy. The directors are a bit annoyed.
"But I always did what I felt was correct. United will be proud to have a gold medal winner in the squad.
"Some people say I did the right thing, others say I didn't. But I'm never going to say 'no' to Argentina.
"I'm going to put my life on the line for United. I deny I have a bad relationship with them - I can't wait to play for them.
"I want to respond to what has happened through effort on the pitch. I'm going to show I can shine in the Premiership."

0 comments: